Friday, July 03, 2009

The Hundred Acre Wood Personality Theory

I love personality theories. Love them. The Enneagram, Myers-Briggs---I'll take them all. A while back I wrote a post (here) about how exploring the ways that personality affects parenting can be incredibly helpful in seeing one's strengths as a parent and can relieve some of the relentless mama-guilt that plagues so many of us.

On our way back from berry-picking a few weeks ago, the girls were watching a Winnie-the-Pooh movie on the portable dvd player that we allow during car trips that last longer than an hour. And I heard Rabbit bitching about something and said to Erik, "Ava is Rabbit." We declared Eden Pooh, and I looked at Erik for a moment and said, "Who are you?...Oh my gosh! You are totally Owl!!" (He didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.) And thus, the Hundred Acre Wood Personality Theory was born.

I have refined the Theory and have come to the conclusion that it gives a more complete picture of the person to combine two characters when determining personality type.

Our family is made up of the following types:

Ashley- Kanga/Rabbit
Erik- Owl/Kanga
Ava- Rabbit/Piglet
Eden- Pooh/Tigger
Safa- Roo/Tigger

It is simple. It is powerful.

Okay, so it's not powerful, but it is funny. What's your Hundred Acre Wood Type?

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Gosh, I wish I knew the characters better, but I just don't. Which one is highly critical, really intense, but also loves life in a big way and is always surrounded by beautiful and wonderful people? That'd be me. :)

Ashley said...

Oh Bridget! I think you are a Rabbit/Pooh :)

Unknown said...

I'll wait for the definitive typing from you & Meghan. But, I'm thinking that it may be Eeyore/Pooh!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

I had to laugh as I read your previous post (because I love personality theories too). I'm an INFJ too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley - I couldn't resist - Your Uncle Darryl is a "Pooh". I think I can easily slide in and out of several characters particularly "Eeyore" and "Roo" right now - sometimes I can be "Rabbit". I enjoy your blog. - Aunt Kim

Julie said...

I have been thinking about you guys a lot lately. You are very strong,and I am very sorry that this part is taking so long for you.I wish that instead of this comment I was meeting you for coffee in ET.