Thursday, October 08, 2009

The Romberg Family Creed

We gathered around the table to have a discussion about what we wanted our family to be, to stand for, who we wanted to be as a group and as individuals as we make our way on this crazy journey together. We talked. We listened. I wrote it all down:

"Be nice."
"Talk kindly."
"Say you are sorry."
"Don't grab."
"Be respectful."
"Ask instead of tell."
"Share."
"Help each other."
"Don't yell."
"Have fun."

Then we compiled our list and I wrote it on the wall at the end of the hall.






Once I was walking down the hall and felt like continuing out the door. It didn't seem peace-making or respectful. So I stayed. After all, we shook on it.

3 comments:

Sarah and Jeremy said...

What a cool idea!

Hollie said...

Ashley,
Hey, I found your blog from the CHSFS Forum. I have never even looked at it before, actually didn't know they had one, but now that they said they were closing it, I decided to look. I was excited to see you are also waiting for a child from the Nazaret orphanage. We are waiting for two little brothers. We got our referral on the same day and have been anxiously waiting ever sense. We too, had our court date pushed back to the 26th, and I am just praying we get to travel before Christmas. I have been hoping to connect with other families in our situation because doesn't misery love company? I would love to chat more with you and if you know of any other families that would be great. My email is sam4hollie@aol.com or you can get to me from our blog. Look forward to hearing from you.
Hollie Smith

Amy said...

I LOVE this idea.