Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to February 11th

It didn't work. Even though the NVC electronically forwarded our paperwork onto Ethiopia on Friday, when our agency checked, we were not in the system. So our tentative travel date is now February 11th again. We thought for sure we'd make it. As Erik said, we needed a win.

Yesterday evening, another traveling mama that promised to check on Yonas for us emailed me. She said he was sweet. That when she asked the nannies where Yonas was, he recognized his name and looked up. They were outside for sunbathing time and Yonas was sucking his thumb. She said his hair was long and curly and that he was wearing a Green Bay Packers shirt. She rubbed his back and he smiled at her without taking his thumb out of his mouth.

I hardly slept at all last night. But I did dream of Yonas. Erik put him on the changing pad in our room, the place I changed Safa's diapers, and I took over. It was a giant, messy poop diaper and I kept needing more and more wipes. It was everywhere. He did that thing toddlers do sometimes and kind of kicked a little and poop got on my hands, and I dropped the poopy wipe on the floor. Then I woke up.

It was heaven.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Darn it! I was so hoping you could travel sooner. If Yonas is anything like our boys the abundance of poop is not just in your dreams. I have never seen so much poop come out of little bodies, or big bodies, ever before. I got them a deworming Rx just incase they are feeding something besides themselves in those little bellies of theirs. Hang in there.