Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Rollercoaster

In order for our tentative travel date to become a confirmed one, our paperwork needs to be received in Ethiopia by Sunday night. Which really means that the National Visa Center in Vermont needs to have mercy on us and send it electronically to Ethiopia by the end of day Friday. Our agency will email Ethiopia Sunday night and ask if they have received it.

Yesterday I was very close to writing an ugly post about all the ways I hate the CIS officer in charge of our case. I'm a relatively mild-mannered gal (although I'm sure you could find some who'd disagree) and I was fantasizing about hurting this woman because she was single-handedly making it so that my son has to stay in an orphanage longer than he has to. But. Miracle of miracles---and it does feel this way because she has consistently flat out ignored all emails and phone calls---she emailed Erik to say that she has overnighted our approval to the NVC. Which means we have a shot at traveling on January 27th. Which means we would meet Yonas on January 29th.

Which means my stomach would stop hurting and I could sleep again. With a chubby toddler boy next to me.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

crossing all crossables...

Bonnie said...

Oh please let it happen - you need to be on that plane!!!!

abaco said...

May it be so. And I’m very sorry to hear about your grandmother’s and grandfather’s health. Hope you hear encouraging news soon.