Monday, November 02, 2009

Candy Is Good












Safa was the requisite fairy. Eden was a peacock. Ava was...well, we don't know exactly what Ava was, but we know she looked cool. Some kind of Eastern European folk dancer perhaps? We found her costume at Saver's (for you out-of-towners, it's a mega-thrift store). I told her when someone asked, she should say, "What do you think I am?". I told Erik we should give her a bottle of vodka to carry around. (We didn't.)

In a spin-off of the mid-90's Shoes For Guns program, we gave them the opportunity to trade most of their candy in for a trip to Terra Toys. I'm happy to say it was a success. No more endless candy negotiations at 6:30 in the morning. No more eating a KitKat from someone's stash then remembering it's not worth it because I am a chocolate snob.

Candy is good. But toys are better.

3 comments:

abaco said...

The kids look great. Love the peacock! My SIL does a version of this. Her kids have the option of putting out their trick-or-treat stash for the Halloween Fairy, who comes during the night & leaves a toy in place of the candy. I’ll definitely be co-opting it.

Julie said...

They look amazing! Meazi hasn't asked for any of her candy yet. Maybe she forgot? I sure hope so.

Briana said...

BEAUTIFUL!