Monday, November 09, 2009

Youth

Last night I learned that a boy I once knew died. Four and half years ago. His birthday was the 7th.

There was an art class, laughter, The Cure, an Isuzu Impulse, a Six Flags trip, silliness, and the kind of beauty only found in youth.

I have spent the day remembering him, listening to 80's music, watching my girls dance to David Bowie and The Clash, playing heartbroken hide-and-seek with Safa, crying while I waited for her to find me.

Brad, this is for you...

EDIT-- I ran "Pictures of You" by The Cure, but couldn't figure out how to embed it, so I sadly had to delete it



3 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm so sorry....my heart is with you...

Momma Jen said...

Ashley,

I had no idea you knew Brad. What a sweet post.

Momma Jen said...

You should share this post with on Brads FB page. His family would really appreciated it...