Monday, November 30, 2009

Mindful Monday

I feel like I said my piece to NaBloPoMo yesterday. Today I found out about NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. That's right. Write a NOVEL in 30 days. Maybe next year...And I might need to be prepared to spend Christmas on my own.

One benefit of NaBloPoMo is that it got me wondering just how close to everyday I could post, and how I might structure postings.

From now on Mondays will be "Mindful Mondays". I'm counting this last day of NaBloPoMo as the first Mindful Monday...



"When our eyes see our hands doing the work of our hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our souls fly open, and love steps forth to heal everything in sight."

~Michael Bridge

I'm not entirely sure what the work of my heart is yet. I'm pretty sure it involves writing. And being in service. And children.

And paying enough attention to myself to figure out what the work of my heart is and how to walk the path with my eyes and heart open.

3 comments:

rebekah said...

I love this. Would you be flattered or annoyed if I asked if I could do the same idea? With credit to you of course. Now, I also began to do Family Features that Julie came up with and ended up failing miserably at keeping that going. So you'd either be relieved that I can't cut it or pee'od that I make Mindful Mondays look bad by my lack of dedication to mindfulness.

Ashley said...

go for it! maybe together we can create enough momentum to keep going. at least on mondays.

foreverisamoment said...

That quote is beautiful. I love knowing that others are working on being mindful, it is crazy that it is so hard to know exactly what it is your heart desires isn't it? Seems to me it should be apparent to me what myself wants to do...